Monday, September 17, 2012

Signs of Life from Mr. Cameron Giles?

So I was at a bar Saturday night, nursing my Coors Light and trying to ignore the crowd of PUA's palm reading girls' hands behind me (I wish it were a joke) when the following track broke through the depressing muddle of what apparently passes for club music this decade:

Now I am vaguely aware of Nikki Minaj as more than the girl Lil Wayne rhymes with "retard" on Upgrade U off Da Drought 3 (see here) and from the admittedly pretty sick verse that ends "Monster" (apparently she has had some hits.)

The ascent of Rick Ross from punch-line to Bawse God, of course, I am fully cognizant of, and will post about soon.

But, batting clean-up was a familiar voice...

 Could that really be Cam'Ron breaking out a sweet double-time flow in 2012, 8 years after Purple Haze? 

Google soon confirmed that it was none other than the Dipset Don. Here's hoping, if Killa Season II ever comes out, it will sound something like this rather than like anything off of Crime Pays.

No comments:

Post a Comment