Saturday, September 15, 2012


"He looked down the slope and, at the base, in the shadow of the wall of the Park, he saw some human figures lying. Those venal and furtive loves filled him with despair. He gnawed the rectitude of his life; he felt that he had been outcast from life’s feast." 

- Dubliners, "A Painful Case"

Another night, another recollection of "A Painful Case." Perhaps 21st century D.C. is not turn of the century Dublin, but certain epiphanies ring true across the centuries. Chandler vs Gallagher at least we all end in the same place. 

In any case, I thought I would detail the planned topics for this anonymous blog. 

In no order:

1. Film, with a focus on Asian language film which I, sort of, have come to know something limited about by virtue of simply watching a lot of subtitled pictures.

2. Music i.e. rap music. And 60's pop. 

3. Economics - Post-Keynesian/MMT. 

4. Literature, maybe. I have developed in my twenties sort of a nascent obsession with female authors where previously I had little interest in them (I am male). This has resulted in reading the collected works of several female authors straight through. So that may come up. 

5. Washington, D.C.; cities in general. Coming from the Indianapolis, IN suburbs (basically an extremely limited downtown, although not without its charms) I dreamed the city as a youth. I remain interested in them. Paris is the pinnacle I have thus far visited, and I hope to see other world megacities such as Tokyo, London, and Hong Kong in the future.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment